Activities in a DCR process model can be data activities. When grouping data activities you get a DCR Form.
Patterns typically difficult to support in traditional forms systems includes the following which are easy to solve using DCR Forms:
- A field cannot be filled out before another field is filled out – e.g. you must fill out startdate before filling out end-date
- Once a field is filled out you must fill out other field – e.g. if startdate is filled out you must fillout end-date, i.e. end-date become a mandatory field if startdate is filled out
- Once a field is filled out other fields are shown – e.g. if the user selects a checkbox “applied before” a textbox is shown where the user can fill out details about previous applications
|Require sequence of fields|
|Using a Condition between two fields, you can force the sequence of the fields being filled out.|
|Require field to be mandatory once another field is fileld out||Response||Using a Response between two fields you can force one field to become mandatory once the first field is filled out.|
|Make field, or fields, visible, once fields are filled out/selected||Include||Using an Include rule you can force a field to beco|
Syntactical validation rules can be added to a form, like min and max length of a field etc.
Simulating a form
The DCR Simulator supports a DCR Form with a few exceptions as file and image upload data types are not supported as we have no place to store the file in the simulator. If you wish to test your form with files use the form subscription feature as outlined below.
A comprehensive example
Please visit this example for a detailed example of using DCR Form to create an application form.
DCR Form Subscription
DCR Forms can be shared on a DCR Form server using the DCR Form Subscription sharing feature found under graph sharing in the options panel.
Once you click on the “Share Form Subscriptions” button you’ll be taken to a new page where you can maintain the form subscriptions.
You can create, modify and delete subsciptions. Creating a new subscription will present this form (actually also a DCR Form) where you can choose different sharing options:
The Recipient supports different types of protocols used when submitting the form and sending it to the recipient:
- SMTP – sending the form and attachment as security email to the recpient
- SOP – protocol for the new form server, the DCR SOP
- ECM – supporting a protocol developed by Exformatics where the form is posted using a SOAP call
In the SMTP protocol you specify recipient email address, check whether to use secure email (we believe you should always do this), the email subject and body. Finally you decide whether to include the form as a PDF document, the attachments uploaded, the data XML as well as the DCR Form xml.
The DCR Standard Operating procedure, DCR SOP,
The ECM protocol is used when communicating directly with the backend system on a server-to-server protocol.