Table of Contents
Using AI to help you creating models
DCR have extended the use of artificial intelligence in the DCR Portal with the objective to make it easier for business people to create models.
With the 6.9 version of the portal we extend the rules wizard to use AI to assist business.
As an example writing a deadline of "one week" might seem simply if you fully understand the ISO 8601 definition for durations. The format is P[n]Y[n]M[n]DT[n]H[n]M[n]S or P[n]W. Using generative AI and prompt engineering we inform the AI engine that we would like an ISO 8601 duration based on the users input. The AI engine returns P7D which is a correct ISO 8601 duration.
Watch the video to learn more about how we leverage generative AI. AI can even assist writing expressions correctly.
- Business rules wizard now supports guards, delay and deadlines and value. Also, more rules included in the wizard. See below for details. (DCR.Portal #17, DCR.Portal #16)
- Create a DCR graph from BPMN or Excel. See below for details. (DCR.Portal #22)
- Sequence numbers in DCR graphs are now absolute and not relative to the parent element as before. See below for details. Relevant for KMD WorkZone users if you use EnableQuickExecution. (DCR.Portal #15)
- Dynamic and easy configurable activity effects. See below for details.
- Remove roles on Nesting (DCR.Portal #21)
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) supported in DCR Designer (DCR.Portal #4)
- Suggest next exercise when you complete an exercise (DCR.Portal #34)
- Ability to configure a choice field as a radio button (DCR.Portal #51)
- DMN editor - more space to edit and ability to export DMN as Excel (DCR.Portal #112, DCR.Portal #16)
- Updated DCR process engine 4.18.4
- Now use DCR Workflow Layer instead of plain DCR process engine. This enables activity effects in DCR Simulator, such as CVR company name lookup or WorkZone GetValue (DCR.Portal #3, DCR.Portal #59)
DCR Publisher - documentation
- Include description in DMN (DCR.Portal #16)
- Fixing logical include rule description (DCR.Portal #16)
- Various improvement to DCR.Documents including DMN formatting
- Include parameters in documentation of a graph (181173)
DCR SOP / Form Server
- Ability to show a choice field as a radio button (DCR.Portal #52)
- Graph title shown as browser title instead of DCR SOP (DCR.Portal #97)
- Downloadable PDF document now follows users browser locale when downloading (DCR.Portal #3)
- Possible to configure name of PDF file to be downloaded (DCR.Portal #64)
Create a DCR graph from BPMN or Excel
It is now possible to import BPMN and Excel files into DCR graphs. Use the menu File-->Import DCR Graph, and select the Excel or BPMN diagram in the dialog.
Once imported the graph will be shown.
Watch this video about how to edit a graph in Excel and import it.
Business rules wizard
Business rules wizard now makes it possible to enter delay and deadline as well as setting the guard when creating new rules.
Activity Effects - WorkZone GetValue
Activity effects can now be configured and used from the DCR Simulator making it possible to test DCR graphs using WorkZone Effects directly from the simulator.
As an example we have configured the WorkZone activity effect "GetValue" in DCR Simulator in this graph.
Also view this video where we demonstrate how to use WorkZone effects GetValue and SetValue.
Absolute sequence numbers
If you open this graph in DCR Designer and then opens the Activity Editor and check and then uncheck the group by you will see the image change.
The original sequence was:
Field2, Field1, Field3, Field4, Field6 and then Field5.
The new sequence is:
Field3, Field2, Field6, Field1, Field5 and Field4.
The reason was that in the original solution sequence numbers were local to the grouping, i.e. Field3, Field2 and Field6 had sequence 0, and Field1, Field5 and Field4 had sequence 1.
Now we use a global numbering that doesn't change when you change the grouping.
Preserving the sequence numbering is relevant for WorkZone if you use the Tag EnableQuickExecution. Read more here for details.